Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A welcome surprise for me when I woke up this morning . . .

I'm a member of The Digital Image Cafe and I rarely submit anything for the contest. I am more likely to submit for the Critique Corner so I can learn from my mistakes (and there are many :)). And lately, I've become more of an observer since I've been busy shooting instead of editing. Late yesterday afternoon I was perusing the site and I thought - why not - so I uploaded this one for the Scenic contest category. Lo and Behold! I woke up this morning and learned that I won Picture of the Day today! What a welcome start to my day. I guess I'll need to submit a few more to the contest and see what happens. Stay tuned . . .

A bit of background on my shot . . . it's of Downtown San Diego taken from Coronado. My daughter, Pam, and I were practicing our night shooting on my last trip to visit her and we both got some great shots. Pam, if you are reading this - I miss you lots!

1 comment: