Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The 4th of July was a Blast!

As planned, I took my spot by Deep Creek Lake with tripod and camera in hand planning on getting some great shots of the boats on the water with the fireworks reflected in the Lake. And, if I got really lucky, there would be a good orange sunset to add icing to the cake. Well, my plan partially fell into place - I did have a great spot for shooting the fireworks, however, I was a little too far into the cove to capture all the boat traffic and the orange sunset was definately out of the question since it was very gray and threatened rain as I waited for dark to fall. Here are 2 out of the hundreds of the shots I captured:

Now, my critique of the shots are - as mentioned above, I didn't get any of the boats on the water as planned, only a few of the lights from the boats, they were setting the shots off in the middle of the mountain (atop the tubing hill), so they all seem a little disjointed, and lastly, the water was very rough so no reflections in the water.
Therefore, I'll need to scope out a new spot for next year's big show. But, all in all, the rain only started to fall as I was getting in the car to leave, the boats leaving afterward in what seemed to be slow motion was an awesome sight, the fireworks were spectacular, and my shots weren't as bad as they could have been, so it was a blast nonetheless!


2 comments:

  1. You may not have gotten what you planned but they are still awesome shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marchia, these are great shots. And I do like the reflections in the water. I can understand taking so many photos, that is easy to do with Fireworks photography :-)

    ReplyDelete