Thursday, July 2, 2009

Finzel Swamp - June 25, 2009

My fellow photographer, Michelle, and I decided to go on a little field trip last week and we ended up at the Finzel Swamp. It was getting a little later in the day and it was my first time to the Swamp so I didn't really know what to expect. Well, it's beautiful and full of wonderful sights to photograph. We quickly ran out of light so I need to schedule a time to return and stay longer. Only next time, I hope to remember to bring bug spray since the mosquitoes seemed be be hungry that evening.

As we were walking along the path, there was a bunny who had immersed himself in a patch of clover and I tried to get his picture from a distance so I didn't chase him away from his meal, but he would not be deterred. We walked closer and closer and closer . . . and closer! We got right up on the bunny and he still was just snacking away. Unfortunately, however, he didn't lift his head up at all while I had the camera ready to take a shot, but kept his head buried in the clover determined to get every bite he could. So, I ended up with some good "hungry bunny" shots - oh well, you can't win them all!



1 comment:

  1. Marcia you captured some great shots. Love the one of the path and the daisies. And the bunny is too cute. Lets go back soon.

    ReplyDelete