Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Farming for Rainbows

Last week I went with my mother and daughter to dinner and on the drive home we saw the brightest, longest lasting rainbow ever. I drove out into the country for a bit to try to get a good location and when I topped over the hill, there layed a farm in the valley. I thought I better pull over and try to get some shots before the rainbow disappeared. I ended up taking lots of shots where I was, then I pulled down the road a bit and got some with the colors reflected in the pond. I thought I could get by the railroad tracks and get a better shot, but after driving down the road, I realized that you couldn't even see the rainbow by the tracks, so up the road we went again. I took another back road and came across a cemetery and took a few from there as well. I swear, that rainbow lasted for at least an hour. Funny thing was, there were cars parked everywhere snapping pictures. It was like a photographer's feast.
Here's what I consider the best one of the evening, however, I'll be loading additional ones to my website this week if you want to see more.

1 comment: